I have no excuse for my ridiculously long absence. Maybe starting a big girl job is to blame. Yes,... You read correctly. Big. Girl. Job.
Like 40 hours a week, paid holidays, 401k. Eek!
And even with that and the fact that I recently turned TWENTY-FIVE, I'm still not so sure about referring to myself as a grown up.
Speaking of, I've been dying to post one of those annoyingly long FB statuses with random facts about me. I know. Sooo 2003 MySpace survey. But I managed to avoid getting an assigned number. I think I'll just share til my little heart is content.
And here it goes:
1. I love college football and sports in general. Almost as much as I love shoes and purses.
2. I am a baby and animal magnet.
3. I feel naked without earrings. I will turn around, be late,... BUY A PAIR before I go without. I try to keep an extra pair in my purse/car at all times.
4. I cry a lot. Happy tears, mad tears, sad tears. You name it, I shed 'em.
5. I have a weird obsession with cars. I know what everyone drives.
6. I have never washed a load of clothes.
7. I loathe cold weather. I'd rather be 102 all day everyday than this 40 degrees and windy mess.
8. I love so hard. 110% or not at all.
9. I've kissed the Blarney stone, climbed the Edinburgh castle, visited the home of William Wordsworth, and waved to the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
10. My optimism may make you a little queasy.
11. Never went under the knife. *knocks on wood*
12. I'm convinced that no other family can compare to my own.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
I have so much new stuff going on right now...
and I am SO excited about all of it!
First of all, today I have orientation for my NEW JOB!
I have always loved "The Gap". Classic and timeless clothing is my fave, and I must admit... I'm pretty excited about being an employee there!
Next up. School.
This will be my second semester at JSU, and I am beyond ready for it to be here! I am looking forward to
all most of my classes, especially the classroom observation/tutoring days! :)
I am expecting at least 7 Cubbies this year! :)
I can not wait to meet the new ones, and see my "old" ones each week! We are going to have so much fun!
Here's to newness!
Saturday, August 4, 2012
I have to admit, I've always enjoyed the Olympics.
I'm typically that person that watches the Opening Ceremonies, then I follow the news headlines throughout the duration of the events...
But not this year.
I am literally glued to the television... 12 solid hours of swimming, volleyball, kayaking, rowing, gymnastics, water polo, hurdles, tennis, basketball... and I love it!
And it doesn't help that every time a commercial break comes I catch a glimpse of the magical city that I love
almost as much as my own.
Here's some of my favorite people associated with London 2012...
The flying squirrel, Gabby
Annnd of course I saved the best for last...
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Friday, July 13, 2012
"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..."
It has been a wonderful week with Vacation Bible School at Calvary Baptist Church!
My sweet crew(the 3 and 4 years old group) grew each night! From SEVEN...
We had a grand total of over 85 kids!
We spent the week talking about how WE (the people) make up God's House! We are His tools, and He wants to use us each day for His glory!
I am SO thankful that God has allowed me another opportunity to share the love of Jesus with these sweet babies! I can't wait until Awana starts back up in September! :)
More pictures to come soon!
In other news,...
Keep praying for me... the devil is trying hard to defeat me through sickness and doubt. I refuse to give in because I know my victory is in Christ, and the battle has already been won!
Thanks, readers! May God bless you!